(1) The librarian's make-up has melted due to inefficient climate control.
(2) The computer has a really boring screensaver, which will eventually lead to depression.
(3) The trash can contains a very important phone number, which got caught up with some used note paper. The loss of this phone number will firstly create frustration, then guilt.
(4) Reaching up to the books on the top shelf will cause the librarian to bark her shins on the stand at the bottom. She will not be able to use the stand because the box that is on it was put there by someone else, and for goodness sake, its not her job to move it, fercryinout!
(5) Two of the pencils have broken leads. When these pencils are used, the librarian will break a fingernail trying to push that little broken piece out of the pencil sharpener. Broken fingernails are very serious, especially if you've just paid half a week's salary for the full set of acrylics.
(6) The stapler is out of staples. There are no more staples left in the stationery cupboard. This is the third time this month the library has run out of staples. The next time this stapler is used, it is likely to become a projectile when it doesn't staple.
(7) The grey chair clashes with the yellow walls and beige carpet. Research has shown that visual disharmony can lead to headaches and nausea.
(8) Every piece of new paper on the desk is a paper-cut risk. All new paper should be handled with welder's gloves.
(9) The monitor on top of the equipment is throwing a reflection off the window right into the periferal vision of the librarian. Far more than a mere distration, if continued indefinitely this glare will make the library worker perminantly snarky.
(10) This desk is a different height to the adjacent one. A cup of hot coffee placed at the junction is likely to spill over someone or something. Luckily, no-one in a library ever gets to drink anything other than luke-warm (if not downright cold) coffee.